Thursday 18 February 2010

Baby Time!

My Mums beautician is pregnant. We love her to pieces, shes been with the company pretty much since it opened, so we are all really happy for her. I decided to test my knitting skills with something for the baby.

The first thing I made was a baby blanket. I used Rico Pom Pom wool in lemon, as Ness doesn't want to know the sex of the baby. It was a delight to knit, even if it is a bit heavy. Nice and warm though.

I also decided to make an actual garment. I went with socks, as I got a baby crafting magazine that had the cutest pattern ever in. I changed it slightly to just using white and lemon. In the pattern it called for white, green and orange, but I didn't feel that these were neautral enough. Took me about 3 hours to do. It sounds a lot, but it was the first time I had a) Knitted socks, baby or otherwise, and b) Slipped and wrapped stitches.

I can't wait to make more, they're so damned cute!


0 comments:

Post a Comment