Saturday 28 January 2012

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Death by Chocolate Cake...

Apparently yesterday was National Chocolate Cake. At least, it was in the US. Not sure if it was over here. Sadly, I didn't know until late on, when it was too late to make one, which didn't impress Dad. I've said I'll make it up next week though.

Instead, here is a Chocolate Cake made for The Sisters friend last year. It WAS supposed to be her birthday cake, as I had promised that I would make her one, but when we saw each other it wasn't with enough time for me to be able to make her cake. She had asked for a chocolate one, so I immediately started making plans. I'd seen something similar to this on the internet, and just KNEW it would be perfect! The fact that it took me 6 months to get round to it is a bit of a moot point really...

Apologies for the slightly dark photo. It was taken in the pub after I had presented the cake to her :)

It's a chocolate sponge, with a chocolate butter cream filling, with Betty Crocker's Chocolate Toffee Topping on it, topped with Malteasers, Smarties and edged with KitKats.

It didn't stay looking like this for long. We kept picking bits of the top of it.

Luckily, the recipient managed to get some photos of when it was cut, from a section that hadn't been slightly demolished by us.

I think I might have to recreate it for us at home. Nom!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment