Friday 17 February 2012

Manatee? More like ManaTWO!!

Manatwooooooooo!!
Remember I told you about the Secret Cupid Exchange run by JRose over at the Cheeseblarg? Well, I know now that my Valentine received her package, so I thought I'd share with you what I sent her.

The person I got matched with was Eke, over at Candy For Breakfast, another incredibly talent artist, who makes me snort and splurt juice all over the computer screen. I was at a bit of a loss on what to send her, as her blog doesn't really give much away. But I noticed on her "about me" that she wanted to own a miniature manatee in a fish bowl, and call it Earl.

Now, sadly, my shrink ray is on the blink, and my manatee supplier is on holiday, so I decided that the only way forward was to make her one. In felt. I found a pattern. Well, pattern pieces, got some felt and set about it.

Earl and Randy
The one on the right was my first attempt. There were no instructions on how to put it together, so I had to figure it out as I went along. (That sewing degree finally came in handy). As I was stuffing it, I suddenly realised an easier way to put it together, so for the second attempt I changed the construction. Once I'd figured it out it was actually really easy. 

Earl
I made him a little tag, so that Eke wouldn't be like, huh what?

I also made a card to go in it, and included other Valentines day themed items.

Braiiiiiiiiins
Batteries not included
Sorry, but Love Hearts RULE!
Everything ready to go
 I didn't get a single photo of the bottom left item, but it's a large bottle of bubbles. 'Cos who doesn't love bubbles?

Everything packed and ready to go
So, there you are. Happy Valentines Day Eke, from your Secret Cupid, Mel. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment