Friday 6 May 2011

Game Of Thrones

I am officially in love with George RR Martins epic series A Song of Ice and Fire. Seriously.

It's taken over my life. I'm blazing through the books (currently on part two of book three, it's taken some getting through, they are HUGE). I've made my mum and her friend watch it on a Saturday night when it gets repeated on Sky Atlantic. I've followed the official twitter since February. I've have the Making Of blog in my GReader since before Christmas. I follow the BEST fan twitter - Westerosorg, who also do a fan site, and seem to be two of the loveliest people around. I mention it to everyone. I know the cast off by heart. I know the characters like they're my own family. (Seriously, I even cried when Ned died in the book). I know the terms. I can EXPLAIN the terms to people that haven't a clue. I did the Maester's Path, challanges. I watched all the teasers and trailers so many times, I had them down. Word perfect. Real geek right her.

Then this morning, Making of Game of Thrones posted, a full scene from episode 4. I IMMEDIATELY went and watched it, excitement rising faster than Superman goes from 1 - 60. Dear R'hollor, I WAS not disappointed.

Theon Greyjoy, I want your babies.

I went and updated Twitter;


And thought nothing else of it. Just letting my vie
ws rest out there in cyberland.

THEN. Oooooh I was excited. I got a response!


Of course I had to respond.

I don't know if you dear readers use Twitter, but you can list the people you follow. You name your own lists, so you could have a list that is composed of bands, or writers, or celebrities.

Next thing I know, He has listed me.


Most people would be all, 'Yeeeeeeeeeea whatever.' But this made me more excited than I could possibly describe.

Serious.

The two full scenes posted today can be seen here, both from episode 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment