Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Royal Wedding

I *did* iron this, honest to goodness!

Monica, of The Happy Zombie, posted the most adorable embroidery pattern ever. Of course, I INSTANTLY had to make.

I used a plain white tea towel, (one of the ones I got with The Stitch-it Kit), printed out the pattern onto A4, full size, then centered it onto the tea towel. Traced it all through using an air soluble pen, the coloured it in using crayola crayons. Ironed the excess off onto kitchedn roll then got going!

Originally it was just going to be back stitched, but then Daddybear mentioned about filling it all in. I refused to satin stitch it all (I'm VERY limited to what embroidery stitches I know). I did go so far as satin stitching the flag.

I'm really glad I did actually, I love the way it looks. I want to frame this to hang up, but I don't want to squash it with a glass front, so I'm currently working on finding a frame for it.

Close up!

I love it, I think it's one of the sweetest things I've seen for a while:)

2 comments: